12 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Online Presentation Tool
Once you choose an online presentation tool there are many ways you can use it successfully. Here is a list of some of our best tips around when and how to use your presentation software effectively.
1. Think differently about how to present your product or service visually. When you shift to an online presentation tool the possibilities are nearly endless in terms of what you can do with high-resolution files, videos and multimedia.
2. Use it for sales proposals. It’s an effective and fast way to send sales proposals out with both your pricing and your value proposition.
3. Use it to ramp up new sales rep quickly. Get your sales reps set up with a login in to your presentation tool from day one and assign them a task to create their first presentation during the onboarding process.
4. Use it for account reviews. An online presentation tool is great for sales prospecting and proposals, but it’s a slam dunk when it comes to creating account reviews, especially if your product is visual and dynamic in nature.
5. Build a strong master sales deck. One of the biggest benefits of a cloud-based presentation tool is everyone works off the same master deck, thus eliminating the time it takes to create presentations, so make sure your deck is designed well.
6. Use it as a selling point during recruiting. Time spent finding content and building presentations is a challenge for most sales reps so make it a point to call out you have a tool in place to help new hires find the right content, fast.
7. Use it to gather sales intelligence. One of the best parts about using online presentation software is you can see where in the presentation your prospects spent most of their time, thus your sales rep can then have more intelligent follow-up conversations with their prospects.
8. Use it as a way to standardize the sales process. If you’ve been trying to standardize your sales process for what messaging is shared in presentations, when it should be sent, how it should be delivered, etc. use your online presentation tool as a way to facilitate this discussion.
9. Set a minimum requirement. Don’t expect your entire sales force to start using the new tool overnight, but do set minimum requirements, for example, always send it as a follow-up to a meeting.
10. Test out different content. Use the digital format to your advantage and test out different content, then view analytics to see which slides were viewed the most.
11. Create a team to own your master deck. Ensure total marketing and sales alignment by creating a team of dedicated people to own your master sales deck and make sure it meets both marketing and sales needs.
12. Use it internally. Get into the habit of using your online presentation software for internal meetings, kick-offs and annual presentations so others can see what your sales team is using to impress prospects.
An online presentation tool serves a valuable purpose; it increases revenue, streamlines workflows and builds efficiency, making it easier for sales reps to create and send impactful sales presentations and proposals while marketing maintains brand consistency. As you consider making the switch to an online presentation tool (or have already made the switch) we hope you use the information presented here to set you up for success.