20 Reasons Why Marketing Needs to Create Better Sales Presentations
B2B marketers today are busy, busy, busy and presentations are part of what keep their plates so full. It’s not an easy job to keep up with presentation demands from all aspects of an organization.
One of those most critical demands are sales presentations. Marketers do the best they can but the reality is only 4% of marketer’s time is devoted to sales productivity and presentation development.
The bottom line? Companies must do a better job giving marketing the resources they need to create better sales presentations.
Here are 20 reasons why.
Strong Presentation Content Wins (or Loses) Deals
1. 70% of reps say presentation content and value messaging wins the deal
2. 68% of consumers feel more positive about a brand after consuming content from it
3. 65% of buyers felt vendors content had an impact on their final purchase decision
4. 95% of buyers chose a solution provider that “Provided them with ample content to help navigate through each stage of the buying process”
5. 82% of buyers view between five to eight pieces of content from a winning vendor
Key takeaway: If you want to win more deals, you need to create strong presentation content.
People Buy with Their Eyes
6. 67% of people are more persuaded to buy when they see visuals in a presentation
7. 80% of people are more willing to read something if it includes colorful visuals
8. 323% – people who read text + photos have better comprehension (323% better) than those reading just text
9. 10% people remember what they heard, 20% people remember what they read, 80% people remember what they saw and did
10. Visuals are processed 60,000x faster in the brain than text
11. 70% of your sensory receptors are in your eyes; what you see impacts you more than what you hear
Key takeaway: If you want to win more deals, your sales presentations and proposals need killer visuals.
Speed and Access to Presentation Content Are Critical
12. 35-50% of sales go to the vendor who responds first
13. 88% of missed opportunities were caused because sales couldn’t find or leverage internal resources
14. 31% of sales reps time is spent searching for content
15. 84% of sales reps want better ways to search for content
Key takeaway: If your sales reps can’t find the right presentation content and deliver it to leads fast you’re losing deals.
Phone Calls Alone Don’t Cut It
16. 90% of all customer interactions take place over the phone (yet only 10% remember what they heard, 80% remember what they saw)
17. 57% of customers feel their sales teams aren’t prepared for the first meeting; having a strong presentation template at the ready for sales to use gives reps more time to prep
Key takeaway: A standard, master sales presentation combined with phone calls and in-person meetings produce the best results.
Best in Class Companies Invest in Making Better Presentations
18. 78% of companies are investing time and resources in better proposals and pitches
19. 27% faster profit growth for companies with tight sales and marketing alignment
20. 69% of companies that have strong sales enablement content outperform their peers
Key takeaways: Companies that spend resources to create strong marketing and sales presentations win more deals, more often.
Download Our Free EBook
Like the stats you learned here? Download our free eBook with all 20 stats.